I am constantly on a search for new dips. While bruschetta is my typical go to, I was looking for something a little bit different. Enter my eggplant dip.
1 medium sized eggplant
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
salt to taste
- Cut the eggplant into disks about 1/2 inch thick. Lightly coat in olive oil and season with salt. Put the eggplant in a pan and place in oven. Set oven to broil. Broil for about 15 minutes.
- Once eggplant is slightly browned and tender, take the pan out of the oven and take the skin off the eggplant. Slice the skinned eggplant into strips.
- Add some olive oil to a pan. Add the tomatoes, garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne and salt (I used about 1 tsp) along with the sliced eggplant.
- Cook on the stove top until the tomatoes cook down (about 20 minutes) on medium heat.
- Take a masher and slightly mash all ingredients together. Cook for another 5 minutes.