One of our friends is gluten-free, so I thought making my Thai Green Curry would be a simple tasty way to solve the “what should I cook for dinner” puzzle. What I learned, when checking all the ingredients, was that some chicken broths contain wheat…including all the chicken broths I had bought out of habit. My solution ended up being delicious, so I thought I’d share!
- 2 cans (13.5 oz) of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (I used one red and one green) (diced)
- 1 lb of chicken sliced into small strips
- 2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen green curry paste (add more to make the curry spicier, I prefer a mild curry)
- 2.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp of basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a sautoir pan, pot or the like.
- Bring to a gentle boil on medium-high heat.
- Once a gentle boil is reached, turn down to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, serve. I tend to let the curry simmer for at least a half an hour.
I serve my curry in a bowl over jasmine rice.