This meatloaf was so moist it was falling apart! It was a huge hit with my husband and company!
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 sweet onion (minced)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of ketchup
1 cup of Ian’s Gluten-Free Italian Style Panko Breadcrumbs
2 pounds meatloaf mix ground meat
3-4 strips of bacon (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender (about ten minutes). Don’t brown the onions and garlic.
- Add the salt, cumin and nutmeg to the onions and garlic. Cook for another two minutes to combine flavors.
- While the onions and garlic are cooking, add the eggs to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs. Add in the almond milk and ketchup and combine well. Add the breadcrumbs and whisk well.
- Add the meat to a large bowl. When onions and garlic mixture is finished, add to the meat. Add the wet ingredient mixture. Using your hands, combine all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Line a bread pan with aluminum foil. This will help you take the meatloaf out in one piece.
- Cook for an hour and fifteen minutes. Make sure the meatloaf is fully cooked (I prefer to make sure that a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees) and remove from the oven. Drain off some of the fat/grease. Carefully pull out of pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve!
*The first time I made this I didn’t use aluminum foil, and it fell apart while I was trying to get it out of the pan. Tasted great through!