½ lb bacon chopped in small pieces
8 tbsp of butter (Earth balance buttery stick) (split into two sets of 4 tbsp)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
28 oz can of tuttorosso crushed tomatoes with basil
¼ cup vodka
½ cup of Almond milk
Red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and Italian seasoning (basil and oregano) to taste
1 tsp of cornstarch
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (large enough to then add a lb of cooked pasta into the sauce).
- Add the bacon and cook until slightly crisped.
- Add the garlic and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes and vodka. Cook for about 2-3 minutes (so alcohol burns off).
- Add the almond milk and remaining butter. Add red pepper flakes, Italian seasonings and salt to taste.
- Stir constantly and taste to make sure alcohol burnt off and the seasoning is to taste.
- Add one teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken.
*Once sauce is ready, finish cooking the pasta for at least a minute in the sauce. This will help the flavor sink into the pasta.