This recipe tastes wonderful hot right after it’s made and cold after a night in the fridge. My husband and I like it best served on a toasted and buttered (earth balance buttery spread) bun. And, honestly, I cannot sing Cabot’s praises enough for naturally aging out the lactose in some of their cheeses (you can check out more information on that here).
8 large eggs
1/2 cup of almond milk
4 tablespoons of bacon bits (or more if you like bacon)
8 oz block of Cabot’s Monterrey jack cheese (shredded)
Cooking spray (check to ensure spray is dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in all other ingredients and whisk together.
4. Spray pie pan with cooking spray and pour egg mixture into the pan.
5. Cook for 35-40 minutes until the center appears set.