I served this as an appetizer, but it can definitely be served as a main course if you also cook some rice to lay the steak/pineapple over.
Fresh cut pineapple (approximately 0.5 lb)
1lb of Steak of choice cut into 1 inch cubes
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 resealable plastic bag
1) Drain any pineapple juice from the fresh cut pineapples into the plastic bag.
2) Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic powder, and black pepper to the bag. Seal and shake well to mix.
3) Add about 1/3 of the marinade into the container containing the pineapples. Seal the container and shake lightly to coat the pineapple.
4) Add the meat to the bag containing the rest of the marinade. Seal bag and lightly shake to coat.
5) Refrigerate both the pineapples/mixture and steak/mixture for at least 4 hours (can store overnight).
6) In a large pan, add olive oil and start to heat over medium-high heat.
7) Once the pan is heated, add the meat and pineapples to the pan (you should endeavor to not add the marinade to the pan; instead, drain the marinade or re-seal bag and dispose into trash).
8) Use a spatula to move and flip meat and pineapple. Cook for approximate 10-15 minutes or until meat has reached the desired temperature.